Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 5. Neo Millennial and Web 2.0 Learners

Reviewing the characteristics of Neo Millennial and web 2.0 learns, I am a little bit freaks out. Suddenly I feel myself seems out of date. The learning experience I have is no longer the same as my students will have. The role of instructors and learners might switch in the future classroom. In the future classroom, we may rely on our students to teach us how to facilitate emerging technologies, because they are learning through a totally different process which allows them to adopt new technology easier, and faster. The new generation learners are changing in an amazing speed. Actually, there is a question which bothers me for a while. Whether it is the emerging technology reshaping the web 2.0 learners or these web 2.0 learners construct a new web 2.0 community?

I think, I will say they are two ways. The emerging technology require users to seeking, sieving, and synthesizing, rather than on assimilating a single “validated” sources of knowledge as from books, television, or a professors’ lectures (Dede, 2005). On the other hands, users who gradually get used to this kind of thinking process will later produce contents which follow by the existing patterns.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

If you are freaked out, how do you think I feel? I've been out of touch with this world for quite some time, I'm just starting to ease back into it....

Theresa said...

Right now I start to ease back though. I feel that the web 2.0 is acutally a messy world; however, if we learn certain skills, we can live quite well.