Saturday, October 25, 2008

Week 8. (Oct 20th) YouTube, TeacherTube, and the Future of Shared Online Video

YouTube is now my favorite tool for information search and even presentation. Different from audio file, YouTube is a kind of audio files, which for visual learners like me is the best way to learn. Instead of Google search, I usually type in keywords and expecting to see some useful videos. According to some statistics showed in the class, most of the people still using YouTube as entertainment tools, but I think maybe like novice in wiki space, the new users of YouTube first find interesting videos in YouTube, and consuming information there; after a period of time, they may try to contribute videos . I haven’t have the chance to see whether YouTube users will eventually produce their own works or not but it may be an interesting case to know about.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Do you have work that you have posted on YouTube that you would care to share on your blog site?

Theresa said...

I acutally haven't have any Youtube creation so far. I am now playing as a comsumer's role. ;P